We are hiring! If you would like to make the difference in these turbulent times come and join our team as a Laboratory Technician. If you are a team player, flexible and looking for your next challenge then we encourage you to apply.
AbBaltis are a groundbreaking, award winning Biotech company working with scientists to help combat COVID-19 by developing fast and accurate diagnostic tests. We are experiencing unprecedented demand for our materials as we are at the forefront to combat the novel COV-SARS-2 Coronavirus.
- Carrying out human specimen testing using ELISA, Western Blot, Fluorescence Immunostaining, Line Blot and other In Vitro Diagnostic techniques
- Making laboratory buffers and solutions as needed
- Pipetting and handling of human plasma and serum specimens
- Assay development
- Providing a weekly and monthly program of testing of the company stock and report data according to company procedures
- Analysing, processing and logging in test data using advanced Excel features such as formulas, index match, VLOOKUPS etc.
- Taking control of the Laboratory equipment and log in the equipment schedule the testing/calibration and serving data and ensure that dates/schedules are updated.
- Presenting new methods as written Standard Operating Procedures
- Making recommendations on new methods and apparatus which will expand the technological knowledge base of the laboratory
- Presenting test data to the senior management team
- Staying abreast of developments in analytical and microbiological methods and literature.
- Setting up experiments to compare performance of diagnostic test kits available on the market in order to identify the best ones to use for in house screening procedures
- Troubleshooting existing methods
- Monitoring stock levels of consumables. Providing weekly stock report to MD and Finance
- Ordering laboratory supplies and reagents as needed
- Ensuring Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Carrying out general administrative duties
- Any other duties as requested by the Line Manager to ensure smooth running of the company
- Master’s degree preferred, Bachelor's degree in Science considered
- Immunology knowledge and understanding of IVD methods
- Ability to maintain accurate laboratory records
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good communicator within the Team and understanding of priorities in the business
- Ability to analyse data, proven record demonstrating ability to effectively problem solve
- Strong continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Have a positive and flexible approach
- Self-motivated and target driven
- Excellent IT, numeracy and literacy skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent with deadlines and time management
Salary: £16,000.00 to £21,000.00 /year
To apply for this position please email email@example.com including your CV along with a covering letter.